- To directly fund stem cell research projects in Australia and support scientists and researchers dedicated to embrace the research that could lead humanity closer to better treatment and possibly cure a number of diseases.
- To allow the stem cell community to move quickly and effectively from discoveries to application in the clinic; establish partnerships among organizations nationally and internationally to accelerate and synergize research and translation opportunities related to stem cells; and secure investments from governments, private foundations and the private sector for sustained and stable research funding.
- To attract and retain Australian scientists enable them to make leading contributions in international science projects and to access developments both in Australia and around the globe.
- To identify and respond to rapid global changes in stem cell research and industry, ensuring Australia’s position on the world market.
- To help Australian scientists acquire appropriate patent protection for the inventions which are developed from stem cell research.
- To assist the growth of Australia’s world leading stem cell industry through better communication and collaboration.
- To involve Australians in the cause, from every background including minorities in order to enjoy the incredible diversity of resources brought to Australia and to produce social link and better understanding between communities.